Well yesterdays cocktails were looking very tasty! I haven’t got any pictures this week (bad times I know) but don’t worry there will be more recipes this week that will have some great piccies with them so you can see before you try (good times!). Here are this weeks cocktails..
Eccentric Old Fashioned
For the spiced apple and clove syrup
200g Bramley apple sauce
200ml apple juice
4 cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground allspice
For the cocktail
1 piece lemon zest
3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters (or other bitters)
15ml spiced apple and clove syrup (see above)
50ml single malt whisky
orange zest, to garnish
1. For the spiced apple and clove syrup, heat all the ingredients in a saucepan until boiling. Reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Strain the mixture through a sieve and set aside to cool.
2. For the cocktail, mix the lemon zest, bitters, spiced apple and clove syrup and whisky together, with a handful of ice, in a mixing glass.
3. Strain the mixture into a tumbler and garnish with the orange zest.
1 tsp lemon juice
35ml blended whisky
15ml peach liqueur
20ml pressed apple juice
peach and apple wedges, to garnish
1. Mix the lemon juice, scotch, peach liqueur, apple juice in a mixing glass with a handful of ice.
2. Strain the mixture into a highball glass and top with cream soda. Garnish with the peach and apple wedges.
These recipes are from the BBC website and can be found here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qg5gh
Hope you enjoy the cocktails.