This mornings cocktails were themed around the St David’s day. The date of March 1st was chosen in remembrance of the death of Saint David on that day in 589, and has been celebrated by followers since then. The date was declared a national day of celebration within Wales in the 18th century. So here are this weekends cocktails…
- 1 free-range egg white, preferably organic
- 25ml/1fl oz gin, preferably Welsh
- 25ml/1fl oz Galliano
- 25ml/1fl oz lemon juice
- 2 tsp pomegranate syrup
- fresh mint sprig, to garnish
Place the egg white, gin, Galliano, lemon juice and pomegranate syrup into a cocktail shaker, with a handful of ice, and shake well. Strain the cocktail into a coupette glass and garnish with the mint sprig.
Sling in the Valleys
- 35ml/1¼fl oz whisky, preferably Welsh
- 1 tbsp blackberry liqueur
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- sparkling apple juice, to top up
- apple slice and blackberry, to garnish
Place the whisky, blackberry liqueur and lemon juice into a highball glass, with a handful of ice and stir well. Top the cocktail up with the sparkling apple juice and garnish with the slice of apple and blackberry.
Be sure to check out this weeks blog entries for more recipes, videos and reviews.