Well the cocktails returned this weekend after Something for the Weekend skipped a weekend and they were made by cocktail maestro, Wayne Collins. Spring has been in the air recently and because of that, these cocktails were themed around Spring. I hope you enjoy them!
- ½ lime, quartered
- 4 fresh blackberries
- 2 tsp vanilla syrup
- 2 tsp blackberry liqueur
- 25ml/1fl oz caçhaca (sagatiba)
- 50ml/2fl oz cabernet cauvignon
- lime slice, to garnish
- blackberry, to garnish
Place the lime, blackberries, vanilla syrup, blackberry liqueur and caçhaca into a cocktail shaker, with a handful of ice, and shake well. Strain the cocktail into a tumbler filled with crushed ice and top up with the cabernet cauvignon. Garnish with a slice of lime and a blackberry.
- 25ml/1fl oz orange flavoured vodka
- 25ml/1fl oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 2 tsp grenadine syrup
- 75ml/3fl oz viognier wine
- sparkling apple juice, to top up
- apple slice and blood orange slice, to garnish
Add a handful of ice to a large wine glass, then add the vodka, orange juice, grenadine syrup and viognier. Fill up the glass with sparkling apple juice and garnish with a slice of apple and blood orange.
Thats it for this weeks Something for the Weekends cocktails.
Thanks for reading,