Well, we have had some heavy snow here at The Cocktail Store HQ and we’re literally around 2 feet deep in snow. So, today is classed as a Snow Day, staff can’t get in and nobody can get to us. What better way to take this day to enjoy a winter warmer cocktail. It will certainly give you that warm christmassy feeling and if you’re enjoying a snow day today what better way to enjoy it than with a cocktail.
- For the spiced Cognac
- 1 x 750ml/1 pint 7fl oz bottle Cognac
- 1 litre/1 pint 15fl oz fresh orange juice
- 6 cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 star anise
- For the winter warmer
- 200ml/7fl oz cloudy apple juice, heated in a saucepan
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch allspice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 50ml/1¾fl oz spiced Cognac
- To garnish
- 1 tsp chopped apple
- 1 tsp chopped cucumber
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp chopped orange
- 1 tsp chopped lemon
1. For the spiced Cognac, a week before you plan to make the cocktail, place all of the spiced Cognac ingredients into a jug and mix well. Transfer to a large bottle and seal the top. Leave to rest in a warm place (room temperature) for a week. Shake the bottle gently each day to mix the flavours.
2. To make the winter warmer, place the apple juice, cinnamon stick and allspice into a saucepan and place over a low heat. Warm through, but do not boil, then remove from the heat.
3. Place the sugar and lemon juice into a glass, add the spiced Cognac and hot apple juice and stir.
4. Garnish with the mixed chopped fruit and serve.
Thanks for reading. Take advantage of this snow day by visiting The Cocktail Store for some fantastic cocktail gift sets.